Subject: Re: root on raidframe
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Cottrell <tamino@wolfhut.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/2001 13:16:29
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 21:19:04 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> the kernel stills offers sd0a or sd1a as root partition (depending on the
> boot disk). Of course I can boot -a and say 'raid0a' for root.

I'm pretty sure you need to build a kernel with "root on raid0a".
The method to determine the root partition if the kernel was compiled
with "root on ?" doesn't take raid into consideration; it just assumes
whatever filesystem the kernel was loaded from.

If this is wrong I'm sure Greg Oster will set me right, though :-)

	~Ben