Subject: [Fwd: X11 netbsd/sparc on SparcStation Voyager]
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Lisa Green <lisa@mobiles.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/17/2001 11:32:43
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of running NetBSD on Sun Voyager?

I'm new to NetBSD (although have some experience of OpenBSD), and I'm
finding it quite different to what I'm used to.

I decided on NetBSD because it's pretty much the only up-to-date OS that
will run on the Sun Voyager.

I managed to get it installed (which is more than I can say for any of
the Linux distros I tried), but I'm now stuck trying to get X running.

Whenever I move the mouse, I get the following messages on screen (and
the mouse pointer doesn't move). This happens whether you're in X or
just in a normal csh shell.

The messages I get on screen are like this:

Oct 14 11:44:10 voyager /netbsd: ms0: input error (0xc47)

If anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis