Subject: Re: raid panic: "out of space in kmem_map"
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Cottrell <tamino@wolfhut.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/09/2001 22:35:12
On Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:45:52 -0700, Ben Cottrell wrote:
> As an experiment, I tried a raidctl -f and then a raidctl -R on one
> of my RAID components. The raidctl -R paniced... it said "quiescence
> reached" and then right after that "panic: out of space in kmem_map".

After following some good advice from Greg Oster, everything works
now. Thanks Greg!

The fix, incidentally, was just to increase the NKMEMPAGES to 4096
(16 megs). It had been somewhere in the 1500s, i.e. 6 megs. I don't
know if there's some intervening value that might have worked, too.

It got through the raidctl -R and is now working on the raidctl -P,
with no sign of trouble.

	~Ben