Subject: Re: netbsd: ms0: input error (0x3447)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/06/2001 12:29:03
> my SS2 just blew up!  Just then!  It looks like the power supply blew
> up.  Wow.

> HEY I wonder if the power supply was on the way out (I had a couple
> of strange un requested reboots in the last 2 weeks), and if the rail
> voltage was down perhaps the mouse couldn't function optimally?

I suppose it's possible; I've never tried playing with supply voltage.
But I'd expect a mouse to be comparatively tolerant - more plausible,
to me, is that flaky power was making the electronics in the machine
mis-receive the data stream from the mouse.  (Though even that seems
comparatively unlikely...but heck, the whole thing is unlikely.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign