Subject: Re: SPARCclassic "AUI" pinout
To: Port-SPARC <Port-SPARC@netbsd.org>
From: Don Yuniskis <auryn@gci-net.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/04/2001 15:18:37
Greetings!

>> >The Classic does have a 26 pin Mini-DSub connector that look similar to
the
>> >usual SCSI-2 connectors. (On the LX-Type machines this connector is also
>> >used to connect the external speakerbox to the SPARCstation).
>> Are the audio signals *only* present on this connector for the LX?
>> I.e. the Classic has a pair of mini-phone-plug connectors for the audio
>> so are these signals omitted from the "AUI" connector?
>Yes, but the audio system of the LX is completely different and has
>additional capabilities.  The speakerbox works digital btw. and is the same
>as the one for the SS10 (which doesn't have an internal codec as the LX).

Ah, OK.  So, the CODFS, CODCK, etc. signals (below) are to drive
an external codec (or, perhaps, allow an external source to drive the
*internal* codec -- depending on "mode", etc.)

>> EXCELLENT!  (though I usually have problems accessing the sun site... :<)
>OK, heres the ASCII representation of the pinout-table:
>
>  Pin      Description                  Pin       Description
>  1        AUI_DO_L                     14        AUI_DO
>  2        AUI_DI                       15        AUI_DI_L
>  3        AUI_CI_L                     16        AUI_CI
>  4        ENET_PWR                     17        GND
>  5        EMCTL                        18        RESET_SENSE_L
>  6        CHIDX                        19        CHIDR
>  7        CHI_CLK                      20        CHIDFS
>  8        CODFS                        21        CODCK
>  9        N/C                          22        N/C
>  10       Vcc                          23        GND
>  11       Vcc                          24        GND
>  12       Codec_PWR_DN_L               25        MIDI_OUT
>  13       MIDI_IN                      26        MIDI_IN_L
>
>Pin 1 is the upper right, pin 14 the lower right and so on...

Thanks for your efforts!  I was able to download the manual in question
(the wind was blowing from the west -- giving those electrons a bit more
momentum to make it to me!  :>).  Now to see what other "tidbits" it
contains...

Thanks, again!
--don