Subject: strange network error behavior on sparcbooks
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: MICHAEL M DELANEY <mmdst23+@pitt.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/24/2001 14:14:21
On my sparcbook (currently running 1.5.1), whenever there is a network
error message that is sent to both console's in X, it appears that it is
sent to the framebuffer as well, which displays on top of X.  If I
maximize an X window, it will clear most of the screen, and clicking on
any of the buttons in my window manager (I think its either xfce or icewm)
to bring up a new terminal, switch desktops, etc, will clear that part of
the screen.  This seems to happen most often with dhcp errors, but it also
has happened when someone tried to connect to it with ftp.  Anyone have
any idea what could be causing this?  Also, was anyone currently working
on sparcbook support?
Thanks,
Mike