Subject: Re: audio question
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Nick Johnson <netbsd@spatula.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2001 08:26:08
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:

> > For a while I was frustrated that I couldn't turn off the
> > damn internal speaker, but I decided to do it the old
> > fashioned way... I popped off the case and pulled the
> > speaker leads.
>
> Err use audioctl ... it's far nicer (although you'll never
> be bugged by the evil squeeky speakers in them if you pull
> the cable off ;).

I wasn't able to make audioctl mute the internal speakers while leaving
the external ones alone... rather than fight with it, I chose the brute
force method.  I never use the annoying internal speaker anyway.  Always
hated those things.

   Nick

--
"The aptly-named morons.org is an obscenity-laced screed..."
	-- Robert P. Lockwood, Catholic League director of research