Subject: seti on a Sparc station ipx
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2001 08:01:18
I need help running a seti client on my ipx running
1.5.1 netbsd looks like sparc emulation is my only
option but don't have a sun os to get lib from.
I guess I could run linux or sun os but I don't want
another os now running:

netbsd alpha 3000/600
netbsd vax 4000/60
netbsd i386 Pent Pro
Win95 486 thru athlon
Win98 k6-III
WinME k6-2
Corel Linux Pent Pro (ftp and smba work out of the box
no setup)
Redhat Linux Alpha 233 Multia
LRP 486

My back ground is 20 years programing
assemble,basic,foxbase and others not c.

I can almost edit with vi but not on my sun keyboard
arrow keys don't work. I've never complied any thing
on linux or netbsd. With good instructions I can tar
and mkdir.

The setiathome-3.03.sparc-unknown-linux-gnu client
gets

Exec format error. Wrong Architecture

It took several days to load os and client on sparc
station. Learned to put disk at id 3 and cdrom at id 6
and setenv diag-switch? false will save hours of
memory testing. The install X option is great.