Subject: Re: Installation Woes
To: Luke Kearney <lukek@meibin.net>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/2001 12:07:18
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Luke Kearney wrote:

> CD-ROM device to use [/dev/cd0a]:
> tar: Failed open to read on /cdrom/installation/bootfs/instfs.tgz <No such
> file or directory>

Where did you get the CD?  Did you make it from an ISO.  Can you verify
it's contents?  Perhaps the NetBSD install files are in a non-standard
path?

Can you mount the CD in another system and verify that the files exist?

--lava

> ATTENTION! tar archive volume change required.
> Ready for archive volume: 1
> Input archive name or "." to quit tar.
> Archive name > gzip: standard input is a terminal -- ignoring
>
> Empty file name, try again
> Input archive name or "." to quit tar.
>
> I am new at NetBSD specifically on sparc architecture. I am sure I am not
> the first one with this issue so if someone would be kind enough to point me
> in the right direction I would be most greatful.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Luke K

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"