Subject: disk2 trouble
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Kovalchuk <raxor@dexlink.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/04/2001 20:02:38
I have a SS10.
Trying to get NetBSD installed on it.

I boot up with disk1.fs
Everything is fine until it asks for the second one.
I insert disk2.fs and get this:

Floppy device to load the installation utilities from [/dev/rfd0a]:
Extracting installation utilities...
fd0a: hard error reading fsbn 0
fd0: controller status: state 17 (st0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,drv_chck> cyl
0)
fd0a: hard error reading fsbn 0 of 0-127
fd0: controller status: state 17 (st0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,drv_chck> cyl
0)
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached

ATTENTION! tar archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 1
Input archive name or "." to quit tar.
Archive name >

That's what I get.
I've tried entering into this prompt.
Nothing seems to work. No matter what i type it gives me :
tar: Failed open to read on <whatever i enter> <No such file or directory>
gzip: standard input is a terminal -- ignoring
Cannot open <whatever i enter>, try again.

Help me out here.
I've tried remaking the boot floppy several times.
And i've also tried renaming the file to someting tar would recognize .gz
or .tgz .

I've tried making the floppies myself.
But the information i found in the FAQ was wrong.

Can anyone help me debug this further please ?
Or atleast point me to the right docs on howto make boot floppies.

thanx.

- DAFT PUNK ARE ROBOTS !