Subject: Re: hardware question
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2001 18:52:43
On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> - Has anyone tried to run 2 SCSI disks in a sparc IPC (remplacing the floppy
>   with a HD) ?

I've never done it in that particular physical configuration, but I've
run two disks in an IPC with the case open.

You might also consider just using two low-profile drives in the regular
bay, which would also simplify cabling. (Just crimp another connector on
to the existing cable, though I'd bet that the short distances involved
violate some SCSI spec somewhere.) Using newer low-profile drives would
probably reduce the heat problem as well.

Then again, if you've got low-profile drives kicking around, they're
probably so much bigger than the half-height one you're likely to have
that the old drive would add negligable disk space....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil
	    "The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."