Subject: Re: CS4231 Audio Question
To: Sebastian Wain <swain@helicoid.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/08/2001 12:19:57
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Sebastian Wain wrote:

# After installing the NetBSD in my sparcstation 5 I tried to record
# something from /dev/audio (cp /dev/audio /tmp/something) resulting in a
# file with 0 bytes, using audiorecord /tmp/something.au I gave an
# "audiorecord: read failed: Device not configured" message.
#
# I read in http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html:
#
# * CS4231-based 44 KHz, 16 bit, stereo, PCM, on-board SPARCStation 5 and
# optional on SPARCStation 4, does not support audio input (audiocs)
#
# I wonder if it's a limitation of the driver in NetBSD, because I used
# the audio input in Solaris without any problem.
#
# Well, the question is How can I use the audio input in my sparcstation5
# with NetBSD since I used it in Solaris.
#
#
# Thank You
# Sebastian Wain

On an additional note, WRT mixerctl:

	inputs.dac really affects the cd player connection
	monitor.output really affects the .au player
	inputs.cd seems to have no effect

I think some signals/lines are getting crossed here.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: your basement or mine?