Subject: Re: SCSI probs on spork 10
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/01/2001 12:53:27
At 10:19 Uhr +0200 29.6.2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 10:54:41PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> -- and no SCSI error messages in the syslog. 9 MB/sec pretty much maxes out
>> a fast/narrow SCSI bus.
>
>And this same machine has problems under NetBSD ?

Yep. As I said, with the two internal disks only, it barely makes it to
multi-user and then is mainly occupied with spewing parity error messages
to disk which in return creates more parity errors.

I need the disk space, so I didn't go for a dual boot installation. The
ss10 is set up as an ISDN router, so NetBSD isn't too useful for it,
anyway.

If I find the time I will set up a -current NetBSD installation on an
external disk but I recall the box didn't get anywhere with external
devices attached. Again, no problems at all under Solaris.

	hauke