Subject: Re: Mountd & /etc/exports
To: None <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2001 19:59:36
>Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:48:49 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
>
>This is broken.  You should be able to have finer-grained control
>than this.

I agree that it's broken in the sense that it doesn't work as
documented.  But having this work really doesn't give you any
finer-grained control, just a false sense of security.

I would guess that your setup works because all your options are
consistent across your exported directories.  In the original post
there were some with "-maproot=root" and some with "-maproot=nobody".
That's probably what caused the lossage.

Cheers,
entropy