Subject: Re: Mountd & /etc/exports
To: None <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2001 16:49:21
>Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 13:21:03 -0700
>From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
>
>Fellow SPARC'ers,
>
>	I'm having problems setting up the /etc/exports file for a SPARC20 to be a
>bootserver. Here's what I have in there now.
>
>/usr/export/client/root		-maproot=root:wheel	testme.bluefeathertech.com
>/usr/export/client/swap	-maproot=root:wheel	testme.bluefeathertech.com
>/usr/export/client/usr		-maproot=nobody:nobody	testme.bluefeathertech.com
>/usr/export/client/home	-maproot=nobody:nobody	testme.bluefeathertech.com
>
>	The result of this is that mountd complains that it can't set the
>attributes for the last three lines. I have no clue what "attributes" it's
>talking about. I've also tried using the '-alldirs' option, and all that
>gets me is 'Invalid argument.'
>
>	What gives?

You should only export the filesystem once, giving the -alldirs
option.  You can't really export individual directories, only
filesystems.

/usr/export -maproot=root -alldirs testme.bluefeathertech.com

If /usr/export isn't its own filesystem, do this instead:

/usr -maproot=root -alldirs testme.bluefeathertech.com