Subject: Re: [entropy@tappedin.com: Help with YP]
To: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2001 20:24:44
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, maximum entropy wrote:

# Subject: Help with YP

Ah, my bread and butter.

# Hello,
#
# I am running a YP master server on zippy and a YP slave server on
# tardis.  Both are running NetBSD-current from about 1 month ago.
#
# Everything seems to be working OK for other NetBSD client systems.
#
# I'm trying to add a Solaris 7 client, and I can't figure out how to
# add the shadow map.  I added "shadow" to the "all" lines in the yp
# Makefiles on zippy, and did a "make" in /var/yp, which built the
# shadow.byname.db file.  But it complains:
#
# yppush: error finding master for shadow.byname in grok: No such map in
# server's domain
#
# The slave server doesn't get the new map, and "ypcat shadow" doesn't
# work.  What do I need to do to add this map to the maps that the yp
# servers know about?

When you say "shadow", first of all, are you sure that the shadows
are compatible between Solaris and NetBSD?  I seem to recall that being
a problem.

What's ypwhich -m say?

You may have to run a 'ypinit -s zippy' on your Sol7 client.
You may also need to make good'n'sure that your sol7 client is actually
binding to your master.

Do you have a ypservers map?

Just some stuff to ask over.  Hope it helps.

# I'm not subscribed to this list, so please include my address in