Subject: Re: floppy on ultra1
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, sjg@juniper.net>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2001 21:20:11
	My ultra1 seems to be the only thing around with a floppy, so I tried
	re-compiling my kernel... the following diff is needed to find fd.c,
	but it doesn't compile:

As you may have noticed, the floppy is not supported on sparc64.
Since since many machines can't boot from it, it's too small to
hold any really useful data, and it's usually faster and more
convenient to move data over the network, I don't consider the
floppy driver worth bothering with.

But if you get inspired and manage to get it to work, I'll
take the changes (and make you responsible for them since I
don't have any floppies on my sparcs.  Waste of good $$. 8^).

Eduardo