Subject: Re: SPARCStation LX...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2001 18:15:12
On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 06:01:45PM +0200, salo wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 07:57:51PM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> > Here's an excellent resource (need to add it to port home page?)
> >     http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/data/
> > In particular it has Field Engineer Handbooks on-line!
>
> which is breaking Sun's license for FEHandbook release..

<cite>
Matt Linden, Knowledge Engineering Manager, Sun Microsystems:
The paper, CDROM and web versions of the FE Handbook are Sun copyrighted
material.  They were made available for sale to the general public.  Users
do not have the right to put them on the web or widely distribute them.

The web and CDROM version of the FE Handbook have been discontinued by
us as of 12/15/00 and version 1.5 respectively.  The paper version of
the FE Handbook is still available for purchase.

We have seen instances of the Sun System Handbook CDROM appearing for
sale on eBay.  Sun Security has been authorized to contact eBay and
have them removed.
</cite>

if you want to purchase FE Handbook directly from Sun you could find
information on these pages:

http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hw/spares/handbook.html
http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?cid=5049

--