Subject: 76800 DTE modems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/02/2001 22:35:35
I've pretty much given up on getting high-speed serial ports for
my Sun SS5 workstation.

It is my network gateway, and runs squid and all that.  It works
perfectly, but the 38400bps serial port speed isn't cutting it.

I refuse to replace this machine with a stupid PC, and I don't know that
even the Ultra 1 and 2 machines (seems a logical upgrade) have better
serial.

I have heard that the Magma cards simply don't work.

However, I _can_ seem to get my serial ports to run at 76800bps. My
modem won't do this.

So, I was wondering if any sparc users out there have managed to find
modems that can support a DTE speed of 76800bps.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone can contradict what I've hard about
Magma high-speed serial ports not working with netbsd-sparc.

Thanks.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist