Subject: Re: Microtek scanner device
To: Aristide Aragon <sparc@busa.lionking.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/2001 01:39:40
To create the device file:

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV ss0

As for your scanner responding on multiple luns, it may need a quirks
table entry (a way of providing a work-around for hardware which behaves
oddly).

The quirks table is in sys/dev/scsipi/scsiconf.c look at an example like

         "UMAX    ", "UMAX S-6E       ", "V2.0"}, SDEV_NOLUNS},
        {{T_SCANNER, T_FIXED,

And you can probably guess that your scanner will need:

         "MICROTEK", "ScanMaker II    ", "5.61"}, SDEV_NOLUNS},
        {{T_SCANNER, T_FIXED,

If that helps, please let us know, so the entry can be added in the
source tree. Thanks.

							David

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,