Subject: Re: making old sparcs run fast
To: None <jchacon@genuity.net, fender@earthling.net>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/21/2001 10:47:42
i ran my firewall on a 70Mhz sparc5 for the longest time.  sadly i have to
replace it with a sparc10 since i can't find an FDDI card that works in the
sparc5, but on my 1.5Mbps ADSL if i saturated the line, between ipfilter and
packet routing between interfaces (160K/sec max) i think i got the machine up
to 20% cpu.  so you should have zero problem.

-brian