Subject: Re: Floppy install.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/18/2001 11:43:32
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:40:53PM -0400, Paul Halliday wrote:
> > I am trying to install netbsd from the scsi floppy disk.
> > I can get it to boot the first disk but when it asks for the second I am
> > unsure of which device to specify.
>
> I think it just wants you to remove the floppy from the drive, insert the
> second floppy (the one with boot2.fs image) and hit enter.

Actually, that will not work :

-->eject: open: /dev/rfd0c: Device not configured
-->Remove the boot disk from rhe floppy station and insert......

unless NetBSD although recognising the floppy as sd1 changes is to fd
which I doubt.

-->....Usually,the default device will do just fine.
-->Floppy device to load the installation utilities from [/dev/rfd0a]:
<enter>
-->Extracting installation utilities....
-->tar: Failed open to read on /dev/rfd0a <Device not configured>

	I have tried sd1a, sd1, fd, etc... all of which supply: <Device not
configured>

Suggestions?

--
Paul Halliday.