Subject: Re: making old sparcs run fast
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Oliver.Bruckauf@gmx.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/03/2001 23:46:03
Hi,

> > What browser do other port-sparc users out there run on their sparcs?
> I use a real computer for Web browsing.

Which is not exactly an answer to the question. But the other answers show
the dilemma. So for me it's similar.

> (You know ... those things with real 24-bit video support, fast CPUs and
>  beautiful-looking fonts and whatnot inside the Web browser?
> They're called "Macs" ... )

Well, nice but not comparable. My choice is a SGI Indigo R4.4. It too has
nice 24Bit Graphics. What else do you expect from your Graphics Terminal. I use
this Machine to access all the headless ones in the closet. (Which include
several Sparcs, one of which has NetBSD, just to stay on topic). Of course
IRIX comes with a nice version of Netscape.

Oliver.