Subject: Re: memory for IPC
To: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/01/2001 16:24:44
Verily did Chris Jones write:

> I'm considering getting a cheap Sparc to act as a web server.  On
> eBay, there's a lot of 3 SPARCStation IPCs for about $10, but they
> have no RAM.  What kind of RAM do these guys need, and how available
> is it?

your sun4c update:
IPC, SS1, SS1+, SS2 are 30-pin SIMMs, parity ("9-bit"), 4Meg/simm max size.
IPX are 70ns 72-pin SIMMs, with parity (they require an odd 33-bit, but
   you can use 36-bit parity memory without issue), 16Meg/simm max size.
ELC and SLC are one of these two, 72-pin simms, I think.

The memory type used in those IPC is all over the legacy PC market.  enjoy!

Rob++
Internet: windsor@warthog.com                             __o
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth                    _`\<,_
                                                       (_)/ (_)
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.