Subject: SparcStation LX + SCSI Disks that require "Send Start Unit Command"
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/29/2001 11:58:13
Does anyone know if OpenBoot 2.10 have a facility to send a spin up
command to scsi disks on the internal/external esp?  I've got an external
Sun disk pack (2x2) that I'd like to setup RAIDFrame on.  Probe-scsi-all
hangs.  The disks spin up fine in a "AdapCrap" 29160, but I have a feeling
that this box was originally attached to a SunRAID controller (just a
little bit more advanced than an LX or a Wind0z3 box.)

In the mean time, I'm going to see about disabling that feature in the
jumpers.

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"