Subject: Re: reboot panics
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/2001 07:50:02
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:15:13PM +0200, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

> > # reboot
> > Terminated
> > Back in microroot; halting machine...
> > panic: init died (signal 0, exit 0)
>
> I have seen this occasionally; it seems to happen only when rebooting
> from a chroot'ed environment. I don't know why init is simply exiting
> as it appears to do. Maybe there's a code path in the -DSMALL version
> that causes this.

i've rebooted the machine multiple times since, from a normal running system,
without a single hitch.  so, there could possibly be something to it.  if
anyone is interested in looking into this farther i'm not planning on putting
this machine into "production" for a couple of days anyway, just tell me what
you need me to do, or i'll give you an account that has serial console access
to the box.

cheers,

-brian