Subject: SS10 hardware flakiness
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@post.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/24/2001 22:17:02
Hi all,

I recently dusted off my SS10 which I haven't turned on in a month or two, but it wouldn't boot. I switched it on and off again a few times, and after about 10 minutes or so of not booting, the
monitor switched on, the floppy tested itself and the PROM messages came up on the screen & the thing booted as if nothing had happened.
This has happened to me before, a few months ago. It seems as if there's a battery or something that needs replacing, and when the machine gets turned on for a few minutes, the battery gets loaded &
everything's OK after that. Really weird.
I'm pretty sure it's not a faulty connection: I've wiggled all the boards & memory cards around and that doesn't do anything. Only after I've tried switching it on and off for 10 minutes does it stay
on.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

All suggestions much appreciated

Gerald