Subject: Re: Sbus in JS1
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org, uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/20/2001 16:11:06
	On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 07:44:02 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

	> >    Strange.  sbus is a child of the root node.  There's no iommu node.
	> >
	> > not so strange.  an SS2 has:
	>
	> I thought sbus at mainbus is 4c thing.

	Yep, it seems OBP device tree is just lying:

	ok see iommu-ctl@
	: iommu-ctl@
	   (f0026dec) (f002520c)
	;
	ok f0026dec (see)
	10000000 constant (f0026dec)
	ok f002520c (see)
	: (f002520c)
	   bypass-asi spacel@
	;

That does not mean there is a separate IOMMU.  If the IOMMU's part
of the CPU then there wouldn't necessarily be a node for it.

	> > perhaps you will need to invent a new bus space backend for it

	So this looks like normal sun4m sbus at iommu setup.  I'll just need
	to fake few bits to make iommu attach.

You also have to make sure it operates the same was as the sun4m
IOMMU.

Eduardo