Subject: SS10 (sun4m) floppy drivers work?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/18/2001 17:37:35
On a line of thought about the problems I was having on my SS10
trying to install NetBSD.... One of the folks on the sunrescue
list suggested that it might be driver probems with floppies on
sun4m hardware (specifically SS10).  Anyone know if something
like the floppy drivers might be giving me problems loading up
the second disk after the boot disk comes up fine?

The floppy is good, the drive is good.... so it ain't that.

It crashes at the same point in both NetBSD and OpenBSD and
the fellow pointed out to me problems with sun4m floppy drivers
specifically listed in the OpenBSD install sheet.  It is sort
of sounding like flaky drivers.

Thanks

Bob