Subject: SPARCclassic service manual
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@k.notcom.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/17/2001 02:05:55
This isn't directly related to NetBSD, but I'd appreciate hints.  So
the question is, does a service manual for SPARCclassic exist
somewhere on the web?  Searching google or docs.sun.com wasn't
immediately helpful. I have such a machine with a faulty SIMM and
would need translations for the MFSR/MFAR numbers given with the
panic.

Alternatively, if someone could just provide the translation to SIMM
slot number I'd be happy. The panic as given by Solaris:

panic: asynchronous memory fault: MFSR=81004020 MFAR=1e37120
(followed by an attempt to make a crash dump, which is followed by two
dma errors for some reason)

This panic appears about every seven to 600 days but appears to have
been getting worse lately.

 -v