Subject: Re: 64 bit gcc 2.95.3; is it usable?
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/13/2001 15:16:21
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 04:20:55PM -0500, Rob Healey wrote:

> 	I'd like to use gcc 2.95.3 to generate 64 bit executables under
> 	Solaris.

AFAIK it doesn't.
I use gcc-current for this, I know there is gcc-3.0 in some pre-release
state.

> 	NetBSD's sparc64 gcc obviously creates these and I was
> 	wondering what, if any, problems there would be if I created
> 	a gcc with a target of sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8?

I recommend to use target sparc-sun-solaris2.8, in this case you'll
get bi-arch compiler. You'll need to uncomment config.gcc piece
beneath that target. I recommend to use sun's SUNWpro compiler for
bootstrap.

> 	If I don't use optimization will the 2.95.3 compiler work? Do
> 	I need to add additional flags to compiles?

AFAIK in case of you use gcc-current(or 3.0) - no.

	Andrey