Subject: Re: Yay! (JS1 progress)
To: None <toddpw@best.com, uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/12/2001 16:04:06
	On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 23:25:40 -0700, Todd Whitesel wrote:

	> > PS: Called up a friend that I lent JS1/OBP2 (the supported one) to.
	> > He said he wrote keyboard/mouse support for it and is cleaning it up.
	>
	> My JS1 has sat around lonely because I didn't buy it to be a serial
	> machine.

	I don't know any details, but my understanding is that there's still
	an exercise to do in making a chimeric X server that renders to sun
	framebuffer but reads from PC input devices.  Linux JavaStation HOWTO
	has a pointer to Linux X bits, and those are likely to be directly
	reusable.  Will see.

Why would you ever want to do that?  SPARCs have a lovely abstraction
for input and output devices.  You just fire up the X server and it
works.  No selection of input devices.  No monitor timings.  No config files.

Eduardo