Subject: re: 1.5 oddities
To: Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/12/2001 16:39:09

   Not sure how similar, but since going to 1.5 I cannot keep dhcpd
   running.  It seg faults after just a few seconds to a few minutes.
   I had to write a shell script to restart it continuously until I can
   find another solution.

i believe it is well known that dhcpd in 1.5 is buggy.  a much
newer and stabler version of ISC dhcp has been imported and is
currently available on the 1.5 branch, and will be part of the
upcoming 1.5.1 release.  if you check out dhcp from anoncvs on
the 1.5 branch and build it yourself, i believe it will become
stable once more.

.mrg.