Subject: Re: Yay! (JS1 progress)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/12/2001 10:24:24
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 10:43:05AM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

 > I don't know any details, but my understanding is that there's still
 > an exercise to do in making a chimeric X server that renders to sun
 > framebuffer but reads from PC input devices.  Linux JavaStation HOWTO
 > has a pointer to Linux X bits, and those are likely to be directly
 > reusable.  Will see.

The right thing to do here is to make the pckbd driver for the JavaStation
generate Sun-like keycodes.  Then it would Just Work.  One hack might be
to teach the "kbd" driver about the pcbkd protocol and enable it if the
system is a JavaStation.

Of course, the SPARC port should convert to wscons at some point so that
the X server doesn't have to care, but... :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>