Subject: esp/le SBUS board
To: port-sparc@netbsd.org <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Debertin <airboss@bitstream.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/10/2001 22:09:18
Is there any reason these boards shouldn't work on sun4m machines? I have
a classic running a fresh 1.5 install. The board in question is a
differential SCSI/ethernet board which is known-good (works under
Solaris). NetBSD sees the device and will let me manipulate it via
ifconfig, but I get nothing but "le1: lost carrier" when I ifconfig up.
Here's the dmesg:

dma1 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x81000: rev esc
esp1 at dma1 slot 0 offset 0x80000 level 3 (ipl 5): ESP200, 40MHz, SCSI ID
7
scsibus1 at esp1: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
lebuffer0 at sbus0 slot 0 offset 0x40000: 128K memory
le1 at lebuffer0 slot 0 offset 0x60000 level 4 (ipl 7): address
08:00:20:04:4b:c
2
le1: 64 receive buffers, 16 transmit buffers

Shouldn't there be an lebuffer1 as well as lebuffer0? I see two lebuffers
from the PROM "show-devs" (I can paste that in if it would be helpful).

I have no way of verifying that the diff. SCSI part works, as I don't have
any diff. hardware.

Thanks for any ideas you might have,

Dan Debertin
airboss@bitstream.net