Subject: DEC vt320 terminal setup
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/08/2001 14:51:54
I'm looking for setup information for NetBSD-sparc and a DEC vt320
terminal.

If someone has this working OK, I'd like to see the relevant settings for
using this terminal with NetBSD.

All my applications work fine, it is just my shells that give me a problem.
The two major problems are the prompt gets clobbered when hitting return, and
with tcsh and bash the terminal doesn't scroll when on the last line.  Some
newlines seem to be completely ignored.

If it matters, this terminal was made in Taiwan on 13 June 1989, and has only
the modified RJ45 jacks (US models don't always have the D-25 connector).

I've always been fine with DEC UNIX, SunOS, and Linux, so I'm sure I'm just
overlooking something about NetBSD terminal settings.

Any FAQ/DOC pointers appreciated... so far I've not really found this problem
listed anywhere.  My applications are fine... it's just the shells that have
trouble.

Here's my stty output, which is the default as I've not altered anything:

speed 19200 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
	-echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
	-extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
	brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -ocrnl oxtabs onocr onlret
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl clocal -cstopb -crtscts -mdmbuf
	-cdtrcts
cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
	eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^?; intr = ^C; kill = ^U; lnext = ^V;
	min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q; status = ^T;
	stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexistentialist