Subject: Re: SMP on NetBSD Sparc vs RedHat Linux 6.2
To: Josh Kuperman <josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/08/2001 04:02:59
> didn't see a sperate SMP distribution for NetBSD.

That's because what exists is part of the main distribution. I'm not up on
the exact status, but I know that many of the pieces are in -current.

> I started looking at NetBSD after I installed a version on an old 68K
> mac, and while I had some problems, once up and running it's been
> unusually solid - even for unix.

"Welcome to NetBSD"

> thrilled if I knew for certain I could pull the frame buffer and
> manage it through a DEC Terminal. All I care about is server

There's a Sparc IPX in my office at work, currently building the latest
candidate sources for 1.5.1, which has a DEC VT220 on ttya as its console.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com