Subject: Re: What tty console line on sun sparc with sun monitor?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/06/2001 15:07:58
> 	What was your screen size (cols x rows) again?

The default that is coming up is 24x80, but the paging mechanisms in pg
and vi and that kind of thing is maybe 36 lines.  Thus vi or pg loses
about 12 lines off the top of the screen at each screenful.  The cursor
is about 12 lines too high on any edit, and you can't determine where
you are editing, except in ed.....(:+\\....

One listmember suggested set the ttys from sun to sun-cgsix or something
like that, and mentioned a classical cg6 bug.  I will check that email
again, and try that when I get a monitor hooked up again.

A serial terminal picked up vi correctly, when ttys is defined as vt100
to give a 24x80 screen with proper positioning.

When the thing panic dumped, it listed a cg6 thing in the message.
When it ran, it had the above screen problem on the sun monitor/keyboard.
When it ran, it ran fine off serial and vt100.

It probably is something to do with cg6 (e.g. the GX framebuffer)
and suncons?

Bob