Subject: Re: Does anyone know how to install a new / and /usr disk
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rebecca Ore <rebecca@ogoense.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/05/2001 20:46:02
On Thu, 05 Apr 2001, T. M. Pederson wrote:

> On "Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:15:08 -0400", Rebecca Ore <rebecca@ogoense.net> wrote:
>
> >while continuing to access information on present installation on
> >another drive.  I will need to upgrade things in on the new hard drive
> >which is at sd0.  A disk that was having problems is the former root
> >disk at sd1, and the disk that I want to continue to use (my /news
> >mount) is at sd2.
>
> Are you still booting from sd1?  Or is sd0 running something of a
> copy of it now?

At this point, I've got an install on sd0 and am seeing if mv will
put things in sufficient order to overwrite what I need to overwrite.

I forgot to make the directories on sd0 which would serve as the mount
points for the things on sd1 and sd2, but fixed that now and can cd to
everything.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net