Subject: Re: xforms
To: Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
From: T. M. Pederson <salvage@plethora.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/05/2001 09:44:28
On "Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:31:20 +0100", Greg MATTHEWS <G.Matthews@cs.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I just tried to build lyx on NetBSD/sparc-1.5 yesterday, and the
>> system ran out of memory (64 Mbyte box) in the middle of the build.
>> There appears to be something a little off in pkgsrc-current.
>
>wow - that sucks, i only have 48MB on my lil classic!
>
>> I'll see about putting together a patch for the existing package (and
>> submitting it), but it may be a week or two before I have time.
>
>that would be great
>
>i did try downloading the bxform-088-ELF.tgz from ftp://ftp.cs.ruu.nl/pub/XFOR
>S/netBSD-sparc/
>but to no avail. the fd2ps directory remains pretty empty (just readme and
>fd2ps.1).

You could try downloading bxform-088.tgz from the same site and using
the fd2ps binary from that.  Basically, you unpack bxform-088.tgz in
some temporary location, cd to the xforms pkgsrc directory, run
`make extract` there, and then copy the fd2ps binary from the tree
from bxform-088.tgz to the correct place in the pkgsrc xforms working
tree.  From there, make should work normally.

>i'll wait and see if the pkgsrc tree changes...

Lyx will likely be fixed before xforms is.

>many thanks for your comments

You're welcome.
--
T. M. Pederson <salvage@plethora.net>
PGP key fingerprint = 48 94 7A 54 59 B6 C0 77  1F F6 94 55 0C 55 51 C4