Subject: Re: strange console scrolling on SS10... what to fix?
To: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/04/2001 23:55:57
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 04:27:21PM -0400, User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob wrote:
> I just got in an SS10 from the scrap heap, with a GX framebuffer.
> I tried installing NetBSD-1.5 and it died horribly with faults.

If it dies while booting the install media, you might want to check
which slots the memory is installed in. I don't know if that would be
guaranteed to affect a 1.4.x install the same, but it bites a lot of
people. (Could even be why it was discarded ;-)

If not - what faults do you get trying to install 1.5?

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me