Subject: Re: X on RDI Britelite
To: Benjamin Albrecht <benny@benjamin-albrecht.de>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/03/2001 18:41:29
[ I haven't seen any answers, so I thought I might, from my
meager knowledge]

Benjamin Albrecht writes:
- i got a RDI Britelite IPX 40MHz 32MB RAM and want so use X. i choosed a
- full installation of netbsd 1.5. but when i startx or startx blackbox or
- startx twm. my system hangs after heavy hdd activity and will not answer
- on any keyboard commands.
-
- dmesg:
- .
- .
- .
- cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 1 offset 0x0 level 7:SUNW, 501-1672, 1152x900 ,rev
- 7
- cgsix0: attached to /dev/fb
- cgRDI at sbus0 slot1 offset 0x0 level 7 not configured
- .
- .
- .

	I would suspect your X server is happily running on the
cg6 attached to /dev/fb.  You'll have to have an external
monitor attached to see it though.. cgRDI isn't (currently)
supported by NetBSD (fortunately, RDI changed to a cg3 type
critter for the internal display on the Powerlite's, so I've
never had a worry..)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
"If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing a lever