Subject: PROM for SS670MP, anyone? (Re: SMP support?)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Marius Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/03/2001 00:11:24
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 05:54:58PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> SMP support for NetBSD/sparc is in development.  large amounts of work
> have been done and in my development kernel, it crashes the first time
> CPU 1 tries to run a process.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to get an SM[56]1 from somewhere and use that
instead of the SM100. Solaris 2.5 isn't really suited for the stuff I
want to run on this machine (mainly IP firewall, DSL routing (including
the dreaded PPPoE), etc.)

Anybody have a recent PROM (ie >= 2.10.3) for the SPARCserver 670MP?
PROM images would suffice, I think I can burn them myself.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch@moebius.inka.de>

Unix *is* user-friendly -- it's just discriminating about who its
friends are.