Subject: Re: Setting up multiple virtual terminals?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Marc Jasner <marc@ex.cis.temple.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/18/2001 20:47:38
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xconsole.  Might want to consider starting it in your
> /usr/X11/lib/xdm/Xsetup script, if you use xdm, otherwise start it from
> your .xinitrc.

Excellent! Thank you very much! :)

> # I'm new to bsd/sparc... fairly new to bsd in fact.
>
> Welcome.  You should enjoy it!

Well NetBSD has already brought 2 Decstation 5000's back to life for me so
i figured i'd give it a spin on an IPC i got my hands on. It makes it seem
like a fast little machine! I love it!

The whole pkgsrc directory idea is really handy and easy to use as well :)

> Also, SPARCstations do not (currently) support virtual consoles.

Darn darn darn... I've been spoiled by the ultra-giant-super servers we
have running linux... ah well... The older hardware is more fun anyway :)

Don't suppose there is a netbsd for pdp/11's? ;)

Thanks to everyone who helped so far
Marc