Subject: Re: rdi X installation
To: Benjamin Albrecht <benny@benjamin-albrecht.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/17/2001 13:32:29
On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Benjamin Albrecht wrote:

> hi lists people,
>
> if got a RDI IPX (britelite) laptop, installed netbsd 1.5. but now i
> want to install
> X.  by installation i did a Full Installation. i think twm is installed.
> but which other wm is possible on a 40Mhz 32MB RAM machine? and how must

	Vist http://www.netbsd.org/packages/wm/ for an easy list of
	window managers. I found fvwm2 small/light enough for a
	32MB sparc1+, though there are even lighter options there.

> i edit XF86Config?
> any specials?
> perhaps someone can send/post me his XF86Config ,using the same laptop.

	Unless you are using a non standard X server NetBSD/sparc does
	not use XF86Config.

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --