Subject: Re: OpenOffice for NetBSD/sparc
To: Michael Rauch <mrauch-openoffice@fs.tum.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2001 17:54:23
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Michael Rauch wrote:

> Thanks for the comments.
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 01:35:56PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> >     Hit a couple of small snags:
> >
> > 	In the notes you might want to suggest setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> > 	$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/OpenOffice619/program:/usr/pkg/lib
> > 	if people are using pth from the package system
> >
> > 	Running setup with a 32MB (empty) MFS on /tmp fails with
> > 	    ./setup: The temporary directory is full. (/tmp/sv001.tmp)
> > 	How much tmp space does it require?
> Haven't tested it, but considering that setup extracts all binaries and
> libraries in this temp-dir first >=211MB.
> (I'll note it on the web page.)

	Thanks.

> > 	It fails with segmentation fault is procfs is not mounted on
> > 	/proc. (Deduced by looking at a rather large ktrace output).
> > 	At the very least it would be nce if it could fail gracefully
> > 	if it cannot locate '/proc/<pid>/cmdline', though it would
> > 	obviously be even better if it did not need it.
> Graceful fail will soon be implemented. For not needing it at all, I need
> one method to get the command line without passing argv[] all the way down;
> and I can't find anyone by looking into my memory and starring at man
> pages.

	How many levels does argv need to be passed?

	OpenOffice is now running on a 48MB 70Mhz sparc5 here (yes,
	netscape is enough to drive the machine into the ground :), and
	it gives a fatal error every time I try to open a Word document.

	I have a 15MB ktrace.out file that I'm not about to leap into
	to work out what is happening - is there anything specific I could
	do to help determine the problem?

	Thanks again for getting this running.

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --