Subject: Re: OpenOffice for NetBSD/sparc
To: Michael Rauch <mrauch-openoffice@fs.tum.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2001 13:35:56
    Hit a couple of small snags:

	In the notes you might want to suggest setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
	$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/OpenOffice619/program:/usr/pkg/lib
	if people are using pth from the package system

	Running setup with a 32MB (empty) MFS on /tmp fails with
	    ./setup: The temporary directory is full. (/tmp/sv001.tmp)
	How much tmp space does it require?

	It fails with segmentation fault is procfs is not mounted on
	/proc. (Deduced by looking at a rather large ktrace output).
	At the very least it would be nce if it could fail gracefully
	if it cannot locate '/proc/<pid>/cmdline', though it would
	obviously be even better if it did not need it.

	I'm going to compile a kernel with procfs and try again :)

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --