Subject: Re: solaris emulation problem
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2001 15:42:49
At 2:21 PM -0800 2/28/01, Erik E. Fair wrote:

:)I would, but I lack the experience to do anything with graphics
:)devices, not to mention that there's no public documentation of the
:)device...

There is always the Solaris source code that we could clean-room, plus I
think sparclinux might support it.

:)I will contribute $100 to the beer bounty fund, though; I want 24-bit
:)SX graphics on my SS20/85 to work, too.

Wow!  Cool!  Only a couple more people willing to contribute that much and
we might just hire a Wasabi programmer (of course it'd also be good PR for
them too).

Then, once we get audio and MP, an SS20 running NetBSD would be a
phenomenal platform (wishful thinking, I know).

:)One avenue to pursue: the SS20 is almost certainly EOL now

Anyone with contacts at Sun hanging around here?

  -- MW