Subject: Re: solaris emulation problem
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2001 14:21:18
I would, but I lack the experience to do anything with graphics
devices, not to mention that there's no public documentation of the
device...

I will contribute $100 to the beer bounty fund, though; I want 24-bit
SX graphics on my SS20/85 to work, too.

One avenue to pursue: the SS20 is almost certainly EOL now, and the
odds that there is any proprietary value left in SX graphics is very
low, given what's happened in the PC graphics arena; so someone who
has the time and inclination could pursue Sun to release their
drivers for the beast (I bet they never wrote formal programming
documents for the device and that whatever source code they have to
talk to it are the only "docs" that there are).

	Erik <fair@clock.org>