Subject: Re: relatively cheap UltraSPARC system from Sun
To: Nathan Fairchild <nfairc@dnai.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/28/2001 08:00:06
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Nathan Fairchild wrote:

[snip]

> Check out
>
> http://www.sun.com/microelectronics/UltraSPARC-IIe/index.html
>
> The 256k cache is on-chip L2 rather than off chip, like the Pentium
> III.  You might see parts of the website specifications for Sun Blade
> 100 where its says the L2 cache is external but I think thats an error.

Absolutely, but I'm not concerned with the PIII.  I was wondering if
anyone had a "it feels much slower" type of reaction to these machines or
not.  I'm curious to feel and see the effects of a 256k cache as opposed
to the U10's 2mb cache...

[snip]

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
   "I wonder how many people actually read my .sig?"